I tried to list down some “HALAL CHOCOLATE” brands I found in supermarkets at Jakarta. I believe as Moslem, we must consume halal foods available in the market. For chocolate lovers (including me), this is a big issue, as a lot of local and imported chocolates are not halal labeled, and I personally decided not to buy and consume them.
Below is the list of halal chocolate that I captured, and I wish the list will be longer later on. I will try update should I found a new halal labeled chocolate. FYI, I did it based on my personal consumption experience, I did not go through the whole chocolate shelves in markets, therefore any comments informing me/us about halal products (which are not yet listed here) will be much appreciated. I do hope this list might be a reference for Moslems at Jakarta to buy chocolate.
1. Monggo (made in Indonesia)
2. Cadbury *
3. Silver Queen (made in Indonesia)
4. Kit Kat *
5. Berryls (made in Malaysia)
6. Alfredo (made in Malaysia)
7. Choco Mucho (made in Philippines)
8. Choc O’ Time (made in Malaysia)
9. Some brands produced by Delfi: Treasures, Take It, Chic Choc, Cha Cha, Top (mostly made in Indonesia)
10. Van Houten
11. Beng Beng (made in Indonesia)
*) Products manufactured by MNC (Cadbury, Kit Kat, etc) might be manufactured in Indonesia or their other regional factories, such as in Thailand, etc.
Thankd and wassalam
Note: this article was also published at http://www.taufikariefhasibuan.com